History of the Program:
Available School Youth Services Support Team (ASYSST) has been working with the Ewing Public High School since 2007. The ASYSST team and therapist helps guide Ewing High School youth/students using prevention and positive directions towards accomplishing their personal and academic goals. The ASYSST team works together to provide support services to help students graduate high school, prepare for college or a job and make healthy choices that will benefit them in life.
This is an opportunity for a college student to begin applying their classroom knowledge in a work environment.
- Create a welcoming environment to students and manage the documentation ensure the students are signed in and out appropriately.
- Assign technology to students ( Tablets, Oculus, use of computer)
- Provide Coverage in main room with students to ensure safety, as other team members are scheduled out, training, in meetings.
- Facilitating sessions and supervising students in the Zen Room.
- Assist with organizing and guide club events and/or co-facilitate alongside primary team member(s).
- Provide small clerical assistance (copies, scanning, etc).
- Co-facilitate brain games and discussions with students.
- When needed, assistance with ASYSST Social Media and blogs.
- Assist with cleaning main room after students lunch period ends.
- Must pass background and fingerprint check.
- College Student interested in Public Health, Prevention Education, Social Work, Psychology, and/or Counseling.
- Bilingual candidates will be preferred (Spanish).
- Experience working with adolescents populations preferred.
- Bicultural and all gender candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Mercer County resources and providers is desirable.